Awards will be announced and presented at the recognition ceremony in late September. Guest jurors are selected for their experience and expertise in a range of related media, and represent a variety of backgrounds and skills, including artists, KU faculty and staff, and community supporters.
The following prizes will be awarded for the 2023-24 LibArt exhibition:
Best in Show, $200
Best in Category, $100 per media category (see below)
Honorable mentions, $25 gift card
- Drawing — Mark-making done with manual or mechanical instruments on a 2D surface. (eg. pastels, ink, pencil, charcoal, etc. or any combination of drawing media)
- Painting — Work created by applying paint/pigment to a 2D surface. (eg. watercolor, acrylic, oil, or any combination of different painting media.
- Mixed-Media — Work made from more than one medium that incorporates a 3D element (breaks the surface plane).
- Photography — Images created with analog or digital cameras.
- Digital/Graphic Design — Digitally produced art. (eg. digital collages, digitally manipulated photos, posters)
- Printmaking — Artwork created by using various techniques to produce one or multiple copies of an original design from the surface of a template. (eg. etching, woodcut, linocut, silkscreen, collagraph, monoprint, etc.)
- Fiber /Textile — art that uses varying materials and fibers to produce decorative, artistic objects. (including, but not limited to quilting, knitting, crochet, lacework, embroidery, cross-stitch, beadwork, wool needle felting, appliqué, handmade apparel, rug-making, macrame, etc.)
- Video/Animation — Works with motion graphics, animation, music videos, short film, cinematography. Maximum video length is 5 minutes