The Murphy Art & Architecture Library is open to any on-site user. Our primary clientele are KU faculty, staff and students. Kansas residents may apply for library borrowing privileges at Watson Library.
Books which cannot be checked out are identified with a stamp in the back of the volume reading NON-CIRCULATING.
Items which may only be used in the library include:
- Journals (both bound and unbound issues)
- The Reference collection
- The Closed Stacks collection
- Catalogues raisonnés (the complete record of an artist's work)
- Museum collection catalogues
- Oversized items
- Items valued at more than $500