The University of Kansas Libraries
Instructions for exporting citations from Project Muse to EndNote
- Conduct your search.
- In the Project Muse database, citations are exported in groups. Listed under Items Per Page, you can change the number of search results that will be exported, but cannot designate from within those citations. To begin, click Save All Citations.
- The Saved Citations menu item at the upper right will tell you how many citations you have saved. Click Saved Citations when you are ready to export.
- In the Export Saved Citations screen, click Export to EndNote. The process should continue and complete automatically.
Some browsers may ask you to choose a helper application.
- Check Open with then click Browse.
- This will open a second box (the Choose Helper Application box). Select EndNote.
- Click OK to both boxes when finished.
- You can also check Do this automatically for files like this from now on, to save time in the future.
If citations fail to export, also check for pop-up blockers (which may appear as a banner notice along the top or bottom of your screen). Citation also will not export if you have a reference open in EndNote. (To be sure you do not have a reference open, in EndNote, click on All References.)