The University of Kansas Libraries
Instructions for exporting citations from Oxford databases to EndNote
A sample search using Oxford African American studies center gives an overview of how to export from this Oxford database as well as Oxford Islamic Studies online and Oxford Language Dictionaries Online.
- Conduct your search.
- From an individual article, click on the Cite option from upper menu.
- In the next screen, click EndNote under the Download to Citation Management Software heading.
Some browsers may ask you to choose a helper application.
- Check Open with then click Browse.
- This will open a second box (the Choose Helper Application box). Select EndNote.
- Click OK to both boxes when finished.
- You can also check Do this automatically for files like this from now on, to save time in the future.
If citations fail to export, also check for pop-up blockers (which may appear as a banner notice along the top or bottom of your screen). Citation also will not export if you have a reference open in EndNote. (To be sure you do not have a reference open, in EndNote, click on All References.)