The University of Kansas Libraries
Instructions for exporting citations from Oxford databases to EndNote
A sample search using Oxford Music Online gives an overview of how to export from Oxford Music and Oxford Art Online to EndNote.
- Conduct your search.
- From an individual article, click Cite from the upper right-hand corner.
- In the next screen, scroll down to the large heading, Export a Citation, and click the blue option, Export citation in the text below.
- The export will complete automatically, however, you may be presented with a screen like the one below about exporting the citation as a text file. Go ahead and click OK to continue the process.
Some browsers may ask you to choose a helper application.
- Check Open with then click Browse.
- This will open a second box (the Choose Helper Application box). Select EndNote.
- Click OK to both boxes when finished.
- You can also check Do this automatically for files like this from now on, to save time in the future.
If citations fail to export, also check for pop-up blockers (which may appear as a banner notice along the top or bottom of your screen). Citation also will not export if you have a reference open in EndNote. (To be sure you do not have a reference open, in EndNote, click on All References.)