The University of Kansas Libraries
Instructions for exporting citations from JSTOR databases to EndNote
A sample search using JSTOR gives an overview of how to export to EndNote from either JSTOR or History Cooperative.
- Conduct your search.
- Check boxes to the left of the articles for which you plan to export citations then click Export from the menu above.
- In the next screen, simply click RIS file. The export should continue automatically.
Some browsers may ask you to choose a helper application.
- Check Open with then click Browse.
- This will open a second box (the Choose Helper Application box). Select EndNote.
- Click OK to both boxes when finished.
- You can also check Do this automatically for files like this from now on, to save time in the future.
If citations fail to export, also check for pop-up blockers (which may appear as a banner notice along the top or bottom of your screen). Citation also will not export if you have a reference open in EndNote. (To be sure you do not have a reference open, in EndNote, click on All References.)