The University of Kansas Libraries
Instructions for exporting citations from Gale Virtual Reference Library databases to EndNote
A sample search using Gale Virtual Reference Library gives an overview of how to export to EndNote from GVRL databases including Encyclopedia Judiaca and American Men and Women of Science to EndNote.
- Conduct your search.
- From a single article, click Citation Tools in the top menu.
- In the next screen click EndNote under the Export To Third Party Software heading.
Some browsers may ask you to choose a helper application.
- Check Open with then click Browse.
- This will open a second box (the Choose Helper Application box). Select EndNote.
- Click OK to both boxes when finished.
- You can also check Do this automatically for files like this from now on, to save time in the future.
If citations fail to export, also check for pop-up blockers (which may appear as a banner notice along the top or bottom of your screen). Citation also will not export if you have a reference open in EndNote. (To be sure you do not have a reference open, in EndNote, click on All References.)