The University of Kansas Libraries
Instructions for exporting citations from Film Indexes Online to EndNote
- Conduct your search.
- To download only one citation, click Download Citation from the menu at the top of the individual record.
- In the Download Citation box, choose the option, export directly to ProCite, EndNote or Reference Manager, as circled below.
- To download more than one citation, click Add to selected records as you browse individual articles then click Selected records when you are ready to send them to EndNote.
- Click download citation in the Selected records screen then, in the Download Citations box, choose the option, export directly to ProCite, EndNote or Reference Manager, as illustrated in Step 3, above.
Some browsers may ask you to choose a helper application.
- Check Open with then click Browse.
- This will open a second box (the Choose Helper Application box). Select EndNote.
- Click OK to both boxes when finished.
- You can also check Do this automatically for files like this from now on, to save time in the future.
If citations fail to export, also check for pop-up blockers (which may appear as a banner notice along the top or bottom of your screen). Citation also will not export if you have a reference open in EndNote. (To be sure you do not have a reference open, in EndNote, click on All References.)