The University of Kansas Libraries
Instructions for exporting citations from Chadwyck databases to EndNote
A sample search using ArchiveFinder gives an overview of how to export from most Chadwyck databases to EndNote.
- Conduct your search.
- Check Add to Marked List in the boxes below the items for which you plan to export citations then, from the top of the search results, find and click Marked List.
- In the next screen, click Download citations (it may be in a different location than illustrated below).
- In the Download options list, choose Export directly to ProCite, EndNote or Reference Manager.
Some browsers may ask you to choose a helper application.
- Check Open with then click Browse.
- This will open a second box (the Choose Helper Application box). Select EndNote.
- Click OK to both boxes when finished.
- You can also check Do this automatically for files like this from now on, to save time in the future.
If citations fail to export, also check for pop-up blockers (which may appear as a banner notice along the top or bottom of your screen). Citation also will not export if you have a reference open in EndNote. (To be sure you do not have a reference open, in EndNote, click on All References.)