The University of Kansas Libraries
Instructions for exporting citations from Britannica Online to EndNote
Please note that Britannica Online will only export the year and URL of the selected article to EndNote. Remaining fields can be filled in manually, however, once the export is complete.
- Conduct your search.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the screen in your selected article.
- In the Citations box, click on Export Citations.
Some browsers may ask you to choose a helper application.
- Check Open with then click Browse.
- This will open a second box (the Choose Helper Application box). Select EndNote.
- Click OK to both boxes when finished.
- You can also check Do this automatically for files like this from now on, to save time in the future.
If citations fail to export, also check for pop-up blockers (which may appear as a banner notice along the top or bottom of your screen). Citation also will not export if you have a reference open in EndNote. (To be sure you do not have a reference open, in EndNote, click on All References.)