The University of Kansas Libraries
Instructions for exporting citations from ACS to EndNote
American Chemical Society database to EndNote.
- Conduct your search.
- Check the boxes to the left of the references for which you plan to export citations then click Download Citations from above.
- Make sure the RIS option is checked under Format then choose how much information is to be included with the citation. When finished click Download Citations.
Some browsers may ask you to choose a helper application.
- Check Open with then click Browse.
- This will open a second box (the Choose Helper Application box). Select EndNote.
- Click OK to both boxes when finished.
- You can also check Do this automatically for files like this from now on, to save time in the future.
If citations fail to export, also check for pop-up blockers (which may appear as a banner notice along the top or bottom of your screen). Citation also will not export if you have a reference open in EndNote. (To be sure you do not have a reference open, in EndNote, click on All References.)