The University of Kansas Libraries
Transferring references from RefWorks to Endnote
- Login to your RefWorks account
- Click on the References menu and select the Export option.
- Select one of the following: All References, My List, and References from Folder.
- Make sure that Bibliographic Software (Endnote, Reference Manager, and ProCite) is selected for the Export Format.
- Click the Export to Text File button to begin the export.
Your browser should open a new tab displaying your records in a tagged format.
4. Go to the File menu of your browser and select the Save Page As option.
5. In the Save As dialog box that opens select where you want to save the file, rename the file (optional), and make sure the File Type "Text" is selected.
6. From your EndNote Library (you can import to an existing library or create a new one) click on the File menu and select Import.
7. In the Import Data field locate your text file using the Choose File button.
8. In the Import Option field select Reference Manager (RIS).
9. Click the Import button.
If the import is successful you should see a pop-up window telling you how many references were imported.