The University of Kansas Libraries
Wen yuan ge Si ku quan shu dian zi ban
Siku Quanshu has been licensed for all KU students, faculty, and staff connecting to the internet. See "Appropriate Use of Licensed Electronic Resources" for additional information. Please note that currently Siku Quanshu is only available on campus, or with a KU IP address (beginning with 129.237).
User Instructions (Refer to Installation Guide and User Manual for details)
From any library public workstation:
- Click on the start menu
- Find "the electronic Version of SKQS" executable program
- Click start
- Skip the language test if you'd like, and click "IP Access"
If you want to download the viewer on your office computer on campus, follow the instructions below.
To update your SKQS Client Program
Users with version 188.8.131.529 and above:
- Start (in the bottom left corner of your desktop)
- Program (P)
- The Electronic Version of SKQS
- Program update
Then click "Update" to update the existing SKQS Client Program.
After the update, the version number should be 184.108.40.2062. To determine which version you have on your computer, look at the bottom right-hand corner of the Siku Quanshu login page.
Users with versions below 220.127.116.119
- Uninstall your current version of the Siku Quanshu client program by doing the following on your pc:
– Under Start, select Control Panel. Then go in to Add or Remove Programs and select Remove under the Siku Quanshu (Wenyuange edition) Online Subscription Services
- Install new setup.exe available from the following URL
Download from web: Visit http://us.subscriptionv3.skqs.com/skqs/download/, download setup.exe, and Installation Guide and User Manual if you so desire. Please note that you must use Internet Explorer when viewing this site.
- The version number should read as 18.104.22.1682.
- From Windows menu "Start", "Program", select “The Electronic Version of SKQS”, log in via authorized IP address and start using online.
Tips for using Siku Quanshu
Title, author, main content (本文), commentaries (譯注), and heading (標題), can be searched under the Full-text Search 全文檢索 tab by selecting one or more search categories under 檢索範圍. Searches can be limited to parts of the collection under 四庫類目. Search keyword(s) can be further refined to correlate with simplified with traditional characters, variations of a character, ancient and modern formats, and Chinese and Japanese forms at the same time (use the 關聯字設定). The results display includes the Siku hierarchy classification, as well as titles and specific volume and session where the search term was found. The entire content can be browsed by clicking on the 類目瀏覽 tab and choosing a specific title to view. Various Siku reference dictionaries provide additional information on authors and titles. Actual text may be opened in a new page by double clicking on the highlight title or session. The text can be viewed in text format (arranged according to original layout), as a scanned image, or both side by side. All PDF functions are available to manipulate the text, highlight, copy and paste, bookmark, and notes.