Information about Document Delivery
What is Document Delivery?
- Document Delivery is a service that will scan and post articles from print
journals that the KU Libraries owns to the web for you to read, print or download.
Who can use Document Delivery?
- Document Delivery is available to KU Lawrence and Edwards campus faculty,
staff, students and authorized affiliates.
- Document Delivery is also available to KU Law patrons.
How do I place a Document Delivery request?
- Check if the KU Libraries owns the item that contains your article by checking
the KU Library Catalog.
- Make note of the Call Number and the Location where the item is held.
- Go to WebRetrieve.
- Login using your KUID (last 8 digits on KU card) and last name (in lowercase).
- Choose the option of Request an Article -> Available in KU Libs.
- Complete the form with your citation information, call number and location.
Then click on Submit Request.
Where are materials delivered to? How long will they stay there?
- You will receive an email from the Document Delivery staff letting you know
when you item is posted.
- Items are delivered to WebRetrieve and
can be found by logging in and clicking on View -> Electronically Received
- Items will remain on WebRetrieve for 14 days after you receive your
- You may delete items sooner if you choose to do so.
What items are eligible for Document Delivery?
- Articles that are located in print journals that the KU Libraries owns.
- We currently do not supply copies of articles that are located on microfilm,
microfiche, or that are available electronically in the E-Journals
Catalog. We also do not copy book chapters.
How long will it take to receive my items?
- Items should be available to you within 3 working days.
- Turnaround time excludes weekends and university holidays.
- Document Delivery occasionally does have a slower turnaround time in the
beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters due to Electronic Course Reserves
which are processed by the same staff. Notifications can be found
on the WebRetrieve logon page
when a slower turnaround time is in effect.
Is there a limit on the number of items I can request?
- Currently there is no limit on the number of requests that you may place.
If you place a large amount of requests at once, it may take longer than
3 working days to process all of them.
Who can I contact if I have questions?
- Staff who handle Document Delivery requests can be contacted via phone
at 785-864-3964 or via email at ILLLend@ku.edu.
Where can I find answers to more questions about services offered?
Where can I find information about other services available?