The University of Kansas Libraries
Check the Library Catalog to find out which books are owned by KU. If you can't find a book in the library catalog, ask a staff member for assistance.
How to use the Library Catalog to find a book:
- Choose the Simple Search option.
- Highlight the search method in Search By: box. There are multiple types of searches:
- Keyword Search combine keywords and phrases
- Ex. +kansas +history +"united states"
- Author Search Type the author's last name then first name.
- Ex. morrison toni
- Title Search If a title begins with A, An, or The; leave that word out when searching.
- Ex. great gatsby
- Type your search in the Search For: box.
- Click the Search button.
- Write down or print off the LOCATION and entire CALL NUMBER for the book you need.
- If the location is Watson Stacks, consult the stack map (pdf). If the location is Anschutz Library, consult the Anschutz stack map (pdf). If the location is another library on campus, consult the map of the KU Libraries.
If you can't find something in the catalog, try the page on materials not found on KU Libraries' shelves for more suggestions or look for information on a variety of topics in the Information Gateway.