The University of Kansas Libraries
KU Libraries launch Foursquare special
Posted August 19, 2011
The University of Kansas has launched its first-ever Foursquare campaign, which will run from August 19 through September 19.
KU Libraries are participating with their own special: a flash drive giveaway for Foursquare users who check in a total of three times at any of the eight participating campus library locations:
- Anschutz Library - 1301 Hoch Auditoria Drive
- The Learning Studio at Anschutz Library
- Gorton Music & Dance Library - Murphy Hall, 1530 Naismith Drive
- KU Library Annex - 1880 Westbrook Drive
- Murphy Art & Architecture Library - Spencer Museum of Art, 1301 Mississippi Street
- Spahr Engineering Library - 1532 West 15th Street
- Spencer Research Library - 1450 Poplar Lane
- Watson Library - 1425 Jayhawk Boulevard
The offer is available to the first 100 to unlock the special. Winners can pick up their flash drive at the Watson Library 5th floor admin office (1425 Jayhawk Blvd, room 502), 8 a.m. through 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Foursquare is a free smartphone app that allows people to “check in” at listed venues. By checking in, users can unlock specials at participating venues, and can tell their friends where they are and what they're doing.
Note: Foursquare has some additional rules about which check-ins are counted when unlocking badges and specials.
Learn more about the campus-wide campaign at connect.ku.edu/explore.