The University of Kansas Libraries
Naxos Sheet Music requires the use of a plug-in Solero Music Viewer to view and print sheet music.
This software is installed on public computers in Gorton Music and Dance Library only. KU students, faculty and staff who wish to download the Solero plugin to their own computers should follow the instructions below.
System requirements: Windows (95,98, 2000,XP,Vista) and Mac (OS X v10.2.6 or later, OS X 10.3.7 or later, OS X v10.4.2 or later).
- Click here to download the Solero Viewer installation program. The file can be downloaded anywhere on your hard drive (c:\).
- Run the installation program.
- Accept all defaults, clicking "Next," "Install," and "Finished" when prompted.
- If you are presented with a login screen, click Cancel. It is not necessary for KU authorized users to authenticate here with a username and password.
- After these files are downloaded, you will be able to access Solero Viewer from your start menu.
Please Ask a Librarian if you have any questions about downloading, installing, or using the Solero Music Viewer.
Instructions for using Naxos Sheet Music with the Solero Music Viewer:
- Open Naxos Sheet Music from a computer with the Solero Music Viewer installed. You should be authenticated as a KU student, faculty or staff (either by IP beginning in 129.237, if on campus; or by using your KU online ID and password).
- Search the sheet music catalog and make selection to place in your cart.
- Go to your cart and click the Download button
- Follow the instructions for Open in Viewer.
- You may print up to 2 copies of each selection per session.
- When you are finished, please remember to log-out and then close Naxos Sheet Music.