The University of Kansas Libraries
Campus Mail Services
Jim Richey: email@example.com
Terri Thornton: firstname.lastname@example.org
Campus Mail is the hub for distribution and pick up of all paper mail routed from department to department or office to office for the Lawrence Campus. Mail is sorted by department at Campus Mail and then delivered to buildings for which mail is addressed. Within each building a specified delivery point has been determined and personnel there complete further sorting and delivery of campus mail.
The Campus Mail center also serves as the collection point for all campus mail directed to the University of Kansas Medical Center, Wichita Campus and the Edwards Campus. All outgoing mail must be received at the center by 3:30 p.m. daily, Monday through Friday, for the courier run. Each morning, the courier delivers to the Lawrence campus, mail from these campuses.
Incoming federal mail for Strong Hall is delivered daily to the Campus Mail Center, by the U.S. Postal Service (including Registered and/or Certified mail). This is the only federal mail processed by Campus Mail Services. The staff in turn sorts this federal mail into boxes for the departments and offices. Strong Hall federal mail is then picked up by the departments/or offices at the Campus Mail Center.
Campus Mail Services is only available for university inter-office mail. All private or personal mail will be returned to the department/office where it was picked up.
There is an outgoing federal mail drop box at the Campus Mail Center that
may be used by anyone wishing to deposit federal mail for daily pickup (4:30
p.m.). Please be very careful to deposit only federal mail in this box. Any
campus mail dropped in this box by accident will be returned for postage due
and communication delayed or possibly lost.
Addressing and Handling of Campus Mail
Correct Addresses = Prompt Handling of Your University Mail.
All campus mail must show the addressee's name and department printed legibly on the campus mail envelope to ensure timely and accurate mail delivery.
Campus Mail carriers leave the Campus Mail Center at 8:10 a.m. and 1:10 p.m. daily to distribute interdepartmental campus mail.
Currently Campus Mail Services completes four routes daily serving more than fifty buildings on campus.
To ensure your campus mail is processed accurately and promptly, please follow these instructions.
- Use kraft preprinted campus mail envelopes whenever possible for inter-departmental correspondence.
- When addressing a campus mail envelope, please include a department name. Improperly addressed campus mail will be returned to
- Deposit all outgoing mail at the established mail drop for your building.
(Please consult with Campus Mail Services before this takes place.)
DO NOT mix campus mail permit mailings, and metered or stamped mail. Doing so will delay your mail!
- When your department office is planning an unusually large or heavy campus mailing, (more than 45 pounds per box), please call Campus Mail Services so arrangements can be made for efficient handling of this mail.
- When you or your office is moving or changing location, it is imperative that you notify Campus Mail Services regarding your scheduled move. (When and Where)