The University of Kansas Libraries
KU Libraries Support Staff
Home · Code · Guidelines · Membership · Minutes · Committees · SSEYA · Links
Special Meeting Minutes
Thursday, Feb 1st, 2007
Watson Library Cataloging Conference Room B 10-11:30am
Present: Monica Claassen-Wilson (FY07 Chair), Angie Rathmel (Secretary), Denise Swartz (Group 1), Kevin Fussell (Group 2), Jill Becker (FY07 Vice-Chair), Robert Szabo (Group 4)
Absent: Nishon Hawkins (Group 3).
Approved the new version of the main page/guidelines.
Monica will submit the names to Donna who will get Dean approval. Ask her to send call for nominations and ask her to email committee and confirm their participation. Both should include link to website, reminder that nominations due Feb. 16th. Schedule the initial meeting before the end of February.
Robert will get Library Digital camera (from Denise in supply room) and get picture of Julie Warrick for SSEYA website.
Jayhawk Trophy will make a plate to edit CCEYA to SSEYA and keep plaque with current names.
Planning for Support Staff Workshop
- see G:\Committees\CCEB\Support Staff Workshop Planning/Timeline – DRAFT (monica).xls
- Breakfast Option # 2 (a la carte breakfast trays, coffee/tea, water, juice)
- Lunch Option #1 (Deli Boxed Lunch)
- Ice Cream Social
- Anschutz freezer, Watson Lounge, 5th floor (@ 2 per freezer)
- Get numbers of attendance through registration
- Kevin and Denise will pick up tubs at 2:45pm
- Budget: Angie, Monica
- Food: Denise
- Program: Jill, Angie
- Packets, handouts, schedule, room assignment (w/Kevin in set up)
- Publicity: Nishon
- GIS lab can print color posters (possibly free, see Rhonda Houser)
- 2 big ones, flyers for around libraries (8x11)
- Tami Albin student (who design nametags) to develop a logo
- Registration: Monica
- Potential web/email registration form
- Set Up: Kevin
- Union will set up tables and chairs
- Speakers: Robert, Denise
- See spread sheet
Action Items for next meeting:
Email Donna with SSEYA committee names and reminder to send out library-wide call for nominations
Add checkbox to registration forms for attendance to get ice cream social count