The University of Kansas Libraries
KU Libraries Support Staff
Home · Code · Guidelines · Membership · Minutes · Committees · SSEYA · Links
Classified Conference Executive Board (CCEB)
Tuesday, June 14th , 2005
WATSON CONF A -- 1:00-2:30pm
PRESENT: Rebecca Claassen (Grp 1), Monica Claassen-Wilson (Vice-Chair), Kevin Fussell (Grp 2), Angie Rathmel (Secretary), Denise Swartz (Grp 3), Robert Szabo (Grp 4)
ABSENT: Laura Horne (Chair)
Approval of the minutes of May 17th
Review of previous meetings action items
WHO? BY WHEN? WHAT?
- Angie: Friday Get approval of minutes from General Mtg speakers and fwd to Monica for posting to web. DONE
- Monica: Upon above Post General Mtg Minutes to web. DONE
- Group Reps: Upon above Send email to groups re: General Mtg minutes posted to web DONE
- Laura: Thursday Get Staff Development Committee (SDC) proposal to disseminate to all of Classified Conference (CC). DONE
- Laura: Upon above/Friday Draft proposal for vote on SDC and Group Rep changes DONE
- Kevin: Wednesday Find/fwd to Laura email from former years for call for volunteers DONE
- Laura: Friday Send out call for Group Reps/Grievance Committee DONE
- Denise: End week Schedule Spencer Johnson Rm for May 31 meeting. DONE
Staff Development Committee (SDC)
Meeting June 16th, will report next meeting.
Diversity Committee (DC)
Donna Brewer (ex officio). Advertising position for Minority Residency Program (has been approved by Admin and sent HR). Still deciding where to fully advertise. Search committee being formed to review applications. Need to be special training session since this isn’t a typical search.
Brainstorming for new events: Movie series every other month, “Diversity Beans” game, Reading group, Partnering with KSTATE to submit a breakout session at 2006 Nat’l Diversity in Libraries Conference sponsored by Solinet, Solidifying plans for Cultural Feast over winter break (partnering with Cultural Studies programs),
Meetings: will be at different locations across campus. Next one is in Spencer.
QUESTION: How long is the DC term? Chair is still 2yrs, but for general membership it was decided that they would not have terms. E.g. Nikhat Ghouse “audits” the committee when she is available.
June 8th Meeting: University Support Staff (USS) is on the Regents June 23rd meeting agenda. Legislatively, the USS initiative cannot become law until July 1st, but the lawyers will sort that out. Pittsburg and Wichita State are interested in USS. Working group will visit June 30th .
SenEx is reorganizing.
Classified Senate Retreat July 19th at Rec Center.
KU University Relations are interested in doing stories on staff groups or individuals for issues of the Oread.
Evaluations: A rating of “meets expectations” (Satisfactory) or better=2/3 raise; 1/3 merit at this point it is likened to merit as faculty and unclassified get, which is supervisor input and then likely HR/Dean reviews and decides percentage. Supervisor will not be allowed to give all employees the same raise.
Classified Conference (CC) Code Change and Ballot Update
Sent revised ballot out, due June 21st. Will tally results of this and former ballot on 22nd.
When CC Code change is counted (June 21), reps send out call again, which includes new group totals (also before CCEB Election ballot will go out June 24th).
Grievance Committee: Denise, (Robert will ask Mark Lasnier),
(Becca will ask Joel Cooper),
Agenda Items for Dean/HR Meeting (Tues June 21st)
1) Get opinion on Classified Employee of the Year Award (CEYA) in general and as it relates to USS changes.
2) Should we activate the following charges for FY05 onto FY06 (are they too broad), esp. with USS changes.
· Supervisor evaluation—probably could incorporate to HR initiatives for USS.
· Auburn support staff development workshop—SDC
3) Can committee work be considered as part of merit/help to recruit?
(Another idea is to put together a position paper to Classified Senate to emphasize the Library folks (a large group) and include part of our recommendation re: USS changes could be the above re: committee/merit)
Discuss new time for CCEB
Thru July begin at 1:30pm. Ask Jeff about Engineering for June 28th. (Anschutz back up)
Firm order unit took a tour of Engineering Library.
OCLC Connexion training happening this month (through Jun 24).
Service desk is reconfigured in Watson. Peggy Bell (LAIII, Engineering) resigned.
Service desk is reconfigured in Anschutz.
WHO? BY WHEN? WHAT?
- Monica: Friday Draft call for volunteers
- Angie: Friday Reminder email re; CC Code change ballot due June 21
- Angie: and CC member June 22 Count Code Change Ballot and send results to CCEB
- Group Reps: June 22 Recruit individually and send out email call for volunteers for CCEB reps and Grievance Committee
- Angie: June 23 Send out CCEB Election ballot to CCEB
- Group Reps: June 24 Send out CCEB Election ballot to constituents
- Denise: Ask Jeff about ENGIN location for June 28th 1:30-3:00pm
- Denise: Schedule WAT CONF for July 12th 1:30-3:00pm
- Kevin: Send us the FYI that was spammed
- Denise: Email Rita re: Spam filter on FYI.
- Members would like to learn more about the different kinds of committees (referring to the Code and the Guidelines) END JUNE?
- Discuss CEYA award guidelines. END JUNE?
- Orientation of new employees (department parties for new hires)