The University of Kansas Libraries
KU Libraries Support Staff
Home · Code · Guidelines · Membership · Minutes · Committees · SSEYA · Links
Classified Conference Executive Board (CCEB)
Tuesday, July 12th, 2005
WATSON Conf Rm A -- 1:30-3:00pm
PRESENT: Jill Becker (Grp 3), Monica Claassen-Wilson (FY06 Chair), Kevin Fussell (Grp 2), Laura Horne (FY05 Chair); Angie Rathmel (Secretary), Denise Swartz (Grp 1), Robert Szabo (Grp 4)
ABSENT: Rebecca Claassen (FY06Vice-Chair)
Approval of the minutes of June 28th
Review of previous meetings action items
WHO? BY WHEN? WHAT?
1. All Wed. 6/29 11am Special meeting/off campus lunch. DONE
2. Denise Find out official title of Donna Brewer for correction of website. DONE – Human Resources Officer
Diversity Committee (DC)
FY2006 Elections Results / Introduce new FY06 CCEB members
See website Welcome Jill Becker our new Group III rep. Monica (as chair of CCEB) will now also be on Management Council.
Provost Announcement of University Support Staff (USS)
Laura asked Barbara Gorman, on behalf of the Dean to send out to lib-l
Created for CCEB documentation.
Discuss position paper for Classified Senate on transition to University Support Staff (USS)
- Suggest that committee work/participation be considered a factor in
the “above satisfactory” category of the merit component of USS
- Libraries may be exclusive group that has a lot of committee needing participation. Other University departments are too small. But we feel it should be University-wide.
- Organizations/Departments should have the flexibility to set criteria for merit component for “meets expectation” and above
- Suggest that a clearly written statement be instituted that makes “continuing
education” of USS high priority and part of the job descriptions.
- Dept supported workshops/conference, HR workshops, Instructional Services workshops/classes
- KU Credit courses
- Laura and Monica will draft a short document for our review, then to the Administration (FYI only), then to Classified Senate.
- Members would like to learn more about the different kinds of committees (referring to the Code and the Guidelines) END JUNE?
- Retreat – Team Building Bowling?
- Discuss CEYA award guidelines.
- Orientation of new employees (department parties for new hires)
- New fiscal year.
- Acquisitions is working on training for new Docutek version release this Fall.
- Annex Website (created by Monica) http://www.lib.ku.edu/annex/
- Denise Stephens will move into Admin offices sometimes in the coming weeks.
- Laura Horne’s last day July 22nd.
- Interviewing for unclassified (cataloger).
- Moving the 3rd floor Watson desks again (see Scott Walter’s email) Reserves will be where return chute is. Not sure about the what to do with rest of the staff offices (Want only offices for staff to begin the “Staff Office” room – not temp offices as now)
- Will have a “tech desk” on 4th floor where new computers will be (like Budig)
- Music Library was broken into and all (8) flat screen monitors were stolen. Entered with key, cut cables (to lock monitors down). Looking to new ways for security for the libraries.
- Allison Lopez has been in Anschutz Instruction area temporarily.
- Transition of service desk working well. New network cables put in and will have total 110 public computers on the floor. Will have a “tech desk” where the computers are (like Budig)
Action Items for next meeting
WHO? BY WHEN? WHAT?
- Laura Email Barbara Gorman re: Monica (as CCEB chair) now member of Management Council
- Robert Schedule July 26th Meeting at Anschutz 10-11:30
- Monica Nail down regular schedule for CCEB
- Dean/HR meeting is 4th Wednesday of each month
- Will continue to discuss AM meeting times for CCEB. Dean/HR Agenda Items
- Classified (USS) representation on Assessment Council