The University of Kansas Libraries
KU Libraries Support Staff
Home · Code · Guidelines · Membership · Minutes · Committees · SSEYA · Links
Sep 7, 2004
Special Meeting LFA/CCEB, Watson Conference Rm A, 1:00-2:30 PM
CCEB members PRESENT: Monica Claassen-Wilson (Grp 1), Kevin Fussell (Grp 2), Laura Horne (Chair-elect), Angie Rathmel (Secretary), Denise Swartz (Grp 3),
ABSENT: Robert Szabo (Grp 4)
LFA members PRESENT: Lars Leon (Chair), Deb Ludwig, Carol Jeffries, Holly Mercer, Judith Emde, George Gibbs, Scott McEathron
Approval of Minutes
July 27th and Aug 10th meeting minutes were not approved b/c this is a special meeting agenda to review the LFA/CCEB joint committees charges to be given to SDC and PRC.
Review of LFA/CCEB minutes - No discussion.
Joint Charges for PRC
The content of the PRC committee web pages should be made available to the public by the end of calendar year 2004. Information to be maintained includes: current committee membership, committee description, current (standing and special) charges, current fiscal year minutes, and the annual reports from previous years.
Contact Jill Glaser for assistance in completing this charge. Deb has contacted Jill regarding the creation of a committee template page for committees to use to update their Web pages.
** will give specific charge for Student Wage SubCommittee upon Administrative approval in the coming weeks
Joint Charges for SDC
CCEB chair and LFA chair would like someone from SDC (Becky in lieu of unnamed new chair?) to join us in attending a meeting with Stella and Sharon to discuss your #4 below. That would help provide governance a perspective on what they see. The meeting TBA. See email for more.
1. Complete work on the “Tracks” training program and implement
the new program.
2. Continue development of the SDC Web site by adding a calendaring function and online registration and other innovations as needed.
3. Create new staff development courses as needed by continued analysis of data from the staff survey.
4. Pursue collaboration with other Information Services units regarding staff development programs.
5. Follow-up on contacts with the Edwards Campus library, the Gorton Music library and the Spahr Engineering Library to schedule library tours.
6. Continue using the current meeting structure.
Action Items - none