The University of Kansas Libraries
KU Libraries Support Staff
Home · Code · Guidelines · Membership · Minutes · Committees · SSEYA · Links
Watson Library, Conference Room A – 1:00-2:30
PRESENT: Monica Claassen-Wilson (Grp 1), Kevin Fussell (Grp 2), Laura Horne (Chair), Angie Rathmel (Secretary), Mike Rusche (Classified Senate), Denise Swartz (Grp 3), Robert Szabo (Grp 4)
Approval of Minutes
Minutes from Sep 21st were approved.
Previous Meetings Action Items
WHO? BY WHEN? WHAT?
1. Monica ASAP Post minutes of 7/27, 8/10, and 9/7 DONE
2. CCEB By 3pm tomorrow Give Laura agenda items for Stella/Sharon meeting. N/A
3. Laura/Angie ASAP Flush out PC charges doc for CCEB approval DONE
4. CCEB Upon receipt of above Approve, comment on PC charges doc DONE (BELOW)
Staff Development Committee (SDC)
See minutes from Dean meeting below.
Met with KSU's Diversity Team Sep 29th at KSU to discuss their minority librarianship programs. Spoke to residents in program and received a lot of good feedback on what works well and what needs a lot more work. Toured Hale library and photographed facilities. Toured DOW MRC. Met with Diversity Team and Hale administration regarding upcoming collaborative events. Overall a very fun and informative experience.
Nov. 12th, Sharon Bullard, Scott Walter, Erin Kidwell and one other DC member will go to ESU too discuss the collaboration for the potential program at KU. After this meeting DC hopes to hold another information session for faculty and staff in the libraries to learn more about it and voice opinions, suggestions, concerns. DC hopes to provide as much info as possible in regards to these programs during their inception.
Classified Conference Personnel Committee (CCPC)
See CCPC FY2005 members and charges below
Position paper FY2004 can be found at FY2006 will be distribute as it becomes available.
Working with HR to get KS Council and Legislative Affairs Day counted as work time as all other Regents are.
Feb 8, 2005 is Legislative Affairs Day
Oct 21, 2005 at WSU is KS Council
CCPC FY2005 members and charges
Vice Chair special elections
Monica has agreed to run. Will send out ballot Monday Oct 1, to be returned Oct. 25th
Review minutes from meeting with the Dean
Grp 1 - Retrieval Services
Moving (staff and expansion into Lobby area RM225) to occur Nov. 3, 2004. New LAII starts Monday.
Grp 2 – Cataloging
2 LAI positions and 1 unclassified position open, not yet advertised. Reviewing “student expectations” department wide.
Grp 3 – Watson
Marilu is heading the search committee for Sharon’s position, but no news re: status. Shannon is working on student time in/out to coordinate with HR, comp center. 1st week in Nov is the vendor training and department testing to run by Jan. This is some concern among departments about a single clock-in that is not within the unit that student works.
Grp 4 – Anschutz, Spahr, Art, Music
Construction: 1st floor, maps GIS work area will become offices; 4th floor LITS will become instruction center. Ansz circ desk will also merge to Ref/Circ/Access as part of the Watson Reconfiguration Task Force. CCEB will take a tour of Ansz at our next meeting there on Oct. 19.
Agenda items for meeting with Stella and Sharon
Will ask about getting a fridge for Watson Staff lounge and what the possibility of funds are for other improvements this year.
Action Items for next meeting:
WHO? BY WHEN? WHAT?
1. Laura Thur 10/7 Email announcing Monday’s ballot
2. Mon 10/11 Email ballot to CC, ret’d by 10/25
3.Angie Mon 10/25 Count ballots with one other person
4. Laura ongoing Solicit for members of PC
Members would like to learn more about the different kinds of committees (referring to the Code and the Guidelines)
Review reorganization of Group Reps for CCEB.