The University of Kansas Libraries
KU Libraries Support Staff
Home · Code · Guidelines · Membership · Minutes · Committees · SSEYA · Links
Aug 10, 2004
Special Meeting, Watson Conference Rm A, 1:00-2:30 PM
PRESENT: Monica Claassen-Wilson (Grp 1), Kevin Fussell (Grp 2), Laura Horne (Chair-elect), Angie Rathmel (Secretary), Robert Szabo (Grp 4)
ABSENT: Denise Swartz (Grp 3)
Approval of Minutes
July 27th meeting minutes were not approved b/c this is a special meeting agenda to review the code and guidelines and next steps given resignation of Chair.
Review/Discuss Code and Guidelines
In general, code changes happen by election, guidelines are flexible and can change at any time by committee executive board.
Mary Ann Baker, as chair, developed another guideline sheet which emphasized the reps role at setting the agenda.
Will look further at these aspects of the code/guidelines for clarification
- Ad Hoc/Standing Committees
- Ex officio members
- Setting the agenda
- Election of chair annually vs. chair-elect (in chair’s absence/resignation)
Developed “parking lot” for the Retreat idea and other areas of the code/guideline clarification above.
WHO? BY WHEN? WHAT?
1. Laura Next Meeting Get a thank you card for Mike that the CCEB members can sign
2. Laura Next Meeting Send out announcement of Mike’s resignation w/ information about special election for Vice-Chair position
3. Laura Next Meeting Find out if the Vice-Chair becoming the next year’s Chair is from Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised