The University of Kansas Libraries
KU Libraries Support Staff
Home · Code · Guidelines · Membership · Minutes · Committees · SSEYA · Links
Classified Conference of the KU Libraries
Jan. 29, 2003
Present: Mary Ann Baker (Chair), Helen Dee (Vice-Chair), Kurt Blythe (Secretary), Jesse Bryson (Group I Rep), Kevin Fussell (Group II Rep), Janet Revenew (Group III Rep), Lynn Koenig (Group IV Rep)
· Classified Conference (CC) Code and Guidelines: The following changes to the Code and Guidelines were reviewed by CCEB. An ad hoc Code Revision Task Group made up of Mary Ann Baker, Jesse Bryson and Janet Revenew will convene to work on the revisions in the Spring semester, 2003.
o Article IV, Section 3; the restriction on members of CCEB being able to hold no more than one office at a time may be removed. In addition, the office of Vice-Chair Elect is dissolved. Instead, the Chair and the Vice-Chair shall be elected for the office named and after one year of service in these positions, their responsibilities will be considered met.
o Article V, Section 1.B and Addendum I; the responsibility for the Classified staff of the Regent's Center shall be moved from Group III to Group IV.
o Article VI, Section 5; the funding charge for Staff Development Committee (SDC) shall be made more flexible and general in recognition of SDC's discontinued involvement in this area and in order to be prepared for any changes in the future.
o Article VI, Section 9; committee reports to CCEB shall be required only once a month.
o Article VII, Section 2; CCEB shall hold regular meetings at least once a month.
o Article VII, Section 6; the Secretary of CCEB shall publish minutes on the CCEB website within two weeks of the meeting covered.
o Article VIII, Section 5; results of votes shall be announced on the CCEB website within two weeks of the tally.
o Article IX; the prescription here that meetings shall be governed by Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised may be moved from the Code to the Guidelines or removed altogether.
o All references to FYI will be changed to e-FYI and the related website.
o Add CCEB website and the responsibility for its maintenance.
o Set up a mechanism to be alert to news stories related to the welfare of Classified staff and disseminate the location of news to Classified staff in a timely manner.
o Consult with the Library Administrative Office in order to compile a current list of library committees and governance structure along with the specific assignments of individuals involved in the above-named. If possible, determine the purpose/ responsibility, frequency of meetings and composition of committees. Provide list and information to CC membership and maintain accuracy with periodic updates. Keep website information current, as well.
o Compile and maintain a current list of CC members and administrative committees on which they are interested in serving.
o Group Representatives will be responsible for maintaining Organizational Charts for their respective Groups.
· Supervisory Training: CCEB will entreat the administration to encourage supervisors to pursue training.
Reports of Group Representatives
· Vending Machine: The vending machine, alas, is a dead issue.
· BARD's Effect on Cataloging: Cataloging is getting primed for the coming of BARD Jr.
· Access Services Reorganization: Access Services is currently immersed in the changes that are accompanying their reorganization into one more cohesive unit.