The University of Kansas Libraries
KU Libraries Support Staff
Home · Code · Guidelines · Membership · Minutes · Committees · SSEYA · Links
Classified Conference of the KU Libraries
Apr. 23, 2003
Present: Mary Ann Baker (Chair.), Helen Dee (Vice-Chair.), Kurt Blythe (Secretary), Jesse Bryson (Group I Rep.), Kevin Fussell (Group II Rep.), Janet Revenew (Group III Rep.), Lynn Koenig (Group IV Rep.)
Listservs: Group Representatives are charged with checking the Library listservs to make sure their constituents are included and receiving mail.
Newspaper Headline Announcements: Group Representatives reported
that the majority of the replies they received from the recent poll
of constituents, concerning whether or not the membership wants to keep
receiving email announcements of newspaper stories of interest to Classified
staff, were in favor of keeping this service.
· Al Mauler has agreed to send out an email informing the membership that Ann Snow will continue emailing headline announcements as per the wishes of the majority of respondents to the poll.
CCEB and the "Alternative to Civil Service" Proposal Vote: CCEB has considered a suggestion that the Board publish a position, whether unified or divided, on the upcoming vote and has decided to not do so on the belief that this may unfairly influence the membership at large. Group Representatives will, however, remind their constituents to vote when the time comes.
Preparations for Elections: Mary Ann Baker will send out a general
notice of the available positions and Group Representatives will canvas
their constituents for people to run for positions. Mike Rusche, Kurt
Blythe and Kevin Fussell have agreed to create an electronic ballot
for this year's elections. CCEB has pledged to finalize the ballot no
later than our May 7th meeting.
· The feedback from Mary Ann's emails regarding "participation myths" and their debunkers has been good.
· Bob Marvin has volunteered for an appointment to CCPC.
· Janet Revenew and Helen Dee have volunteered for appointments to the Grievance Committee.
Preparation for the General Meeting: Dean Bentley and Sandy
Gilliland have been invited and have agreed to attend the upcoming general
meeting. The Dean plans to give a brief State of the Libraries speech.
Sandy wishes to speak on the evolution of SDC.
· Definite funds for refreshments have not yet been secured.
· Mary Ann Baker will attempt to create an electronic invitation.
· No contact with Sue Hewitt has been made regarding the extension of an invitation to someone in KU Classified Senate to attend and discuss the possible future if the "Alternative to Civil Service" Proposal is passed.
· CCEB is considering inviting and honoring recent retirees.
Meeting between New/Old Board: The meeting will take place on 6/25.
Committee Reports: Jane Hoyt gave CCEB a preview of what the new SDC may look like. Al Mauler drafted a lovely proposal request to the membership regarding who may be interested in cross-training.