The University of Kansas Libraries
KU Libraries Support Staff
Home · Code · Guidelines · Membership · Minutes · Committees · SSEYA · Links
KULSS Executive Meeting
Thursday, April 1, 2010, 10:30-12:00
Present: Julie Warrick (chair), Nancy Hawkins (vice-chair), Kristin Zachrel (secretary), Kyle Sederstrom (Group 1), Adam Reilly (Group 2), Sheila Orth (Group 3)
Absent: Meredith Huff (Group 4)
Group 1 (Kyle):
* Preservation is putting items from the sound recording archive in trays in preparation to move from Music to Anschutz.
Group 2 (Adam):
* Kerry Chapman retired on March 31st. There will be a party for her on Tuesday, March 30th.
* There has been an outbreak of computer viruses to vital computers. As a result items are being sent to the Annex without barcodes.
* There will be a Cataloging department meeting next week.
Group 3 (Sheila):
* Training Jane Hoyt in ILL.
* Lars will be going to the GWLA meeting.
* Sheila is going to KLA as the official representative of ILL.
Group 4 (Meredith):
* Annex passed over 1 million items. There will be a party in the fall so that the Chancellor can attend to celebrate this milestone.
* Started moving the Music archives to Anschutz.
Support Staff Senate: Nothing to report.
University Committee on Libraries: Nothing to report.
Planning & Resources Committee (PRC):
* There will be a tour of the Medical Center Library on April 9. Two carpool cars are going in addition to others who are driving themselves.
* Day on the Job at KU for Emporia's SLIM students will be April 23. Julie Warrick is on the sub-committee to arrange it.
* McCorison Rosenbloom award applications are in process. There was a proposal to give a grant to Dean Haricombe for collaboratively developing a course for information literacy. This is being proposed as an equipment expense.
Mentoring Committee (next 4/9):
* Finished first charge to establish guidelines for faculty mentoring and the process of applying for tenure. The guidelines were sent to Dean Haricombe for her approval.
Dean's Council: Nothing new to report.
* Going over the working document of the operations plan.
Dean's KULSS Meeting: Next meeting will be April 6th.
Concerns to Bring up with the Dean:
* Discuss how the decoupling of Information Services will effect support staff.
* Discuss future planning for conferences.
* Tracy enjoyed speaking.
* Ask Bayliss about the photos she took at the event. Reconsider the date for next year's event. There might be better attendance if the event is at the beginning of the week over Spring Break and not on St. Patrick's Day.
*Julie will organize the comments from the feedback surveys and get them out to us.
Organize conference survey comments
(Items to be aware of for the future, not necessarily discussed in current meeting)
*Grievance Committee Task Force / Action on hold