Reach Out Exhibition
- Death at an early age and the urban scene: the case for memorial murals and community healing, Melvin Delgado. Westport, Conn. : Praeger, 2003. (HV40.8.U6 D44 2003)
- HIV, AIDS, and the law: legal issues for social work practice and policy, Donald T. Dickson. New York : Aldine de Gruyter, 2001. (Law Library, KF3803 .A54 D53 2001)
- Social workers speak out on the HIV/AIDS crisis: voices from and to African American communities, Larry M. Gant et al. Westport, Conn. : Praeger,1999. (HV3181.S628 1999)
- HIV and social work: a practitioner’s guide, David Aronstein. New York : Haworth Press, 1998. (Anschutz Library, RA644.A25 emH5788 1998)
- Social work and health care in an aging society: education, policy, practice, and research, Barbara Berkman. New York : Springer, 2003. (HV1451.S632 2003)
- Handbook of social work practice with vulnerable and resilient populations, Alex Gitterman. New York : Columbia University Press, 2001. (HV91.H265 2001)
- AIDS demo graphics by Douglas Crimp with Adam Rolston. Seattle : Bay Press, 1990. (Art & Architecture Library, RA644.A25 C75 1990)
- David Lance Goines posters, 1970-1994, David Lance Goines. Berkeley, Calif. : Ten Speed Press, 1994. (Art & Architecture Library, NC1850.G58 A4 1994)
- Keith Haring : short message: posters, 1982-1990, Marc Gundel. Munich ; London : Prestel, 2002. (Art & Architecture Library, folio NC1850.H34 A4 2002)
- The power of the poster, Edited by Margaret Timmers. London : V & A Publications, 1998. (Art & Architecture Library, NC1827.G7 L692 1998)
- The 100 best posters from Europe and the United States, 1945-1990, Edited by Steven Heller. Tokyo, Japan : Toppan Printing Co., 1995. (Art & Architecture Library, NC1806.8 .A18 1995)
- The design of dissent, Milton Glaser and Mirko Ilić. Gloucester, Mass. : Rockport Publishers, 2005. (Art & Architecture Library, NC1806.8 .G64 2005) And the Band Played On, Randy Shilts. New York: St. Martin’s Press, 2000. (Anschutz Library, RA644.A25 S48 2000)
- How to Have Theory in an Epidemic: Cultural Chronicles of AIDS, Paula Treichler. Durham, NC : Duke University press, 2004. (Annex – West Campus, RA644.A25 T78 1999)
- Television, AIDS and Risk: a cultural studies approach to health communication, John Tulloch and Deborah Lupton. St. Leonards, NSW : Allen & Unwin Pty Ltd, 1997. (Anschutz Library, RA440.55.T85 1997)
- Policing Desire: Pornography, AIDS and the Media, Simon Watney. Minneapolis, Minn. : University of Minnesota Press, 1987. (Anschutz Library, RC607.A26 W37 1987)
- Linking migration, HIV/AIDS and urban food security in southern Africa, Jonathan Crush, Miriam Grant and Bruce Frayne. Cape Town, South Africa : Idasa, 2007. (Anschutz Library, RA643.86.A356 C78 2007)
- HIV/AIDS in Africa: challenges and impact, edited by Edith Mukudi Omwami, Stephen Commins, and Edmond J. Keller. Trenton, NJ : Africa World Press, 2008. (Anschutz Library, RA643.86.A357 H55 2008)
- Skills-building for gender mainstreaming in HIV/AIDS: research and practice; from the 3rd African Congress of the Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS Research Alliance, edited by Bridgette Prince, Sarah Pugh & Sharon Kleintjes. Cape Town, South Africa : HSRC Press, 2007. (Anschutz Library, RA643.86.A35 S54 2007)
- African women’s unique vulnerabilities to HIV/AIDS: communication perspectives and promises, Linda K. Fuller. New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2008. (Anschutz Library, RA643.86.A35 F85 2008)
- HIV/AIDS, stigma and children: a literature review, Harriet Deacon and Inez Stephney. Cape Town, South Africa : HSRC Press, 2007. (Anschutz Library, RJ387.A25 D423 2007)
- HIV/AIDS awareness and behavior, United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs. New York : United Nations, 2002. (Anschutz Library, RA643.86.A35 H55 2002)
- Women, the law, and HIV/AIDS in Africa: a conundrum for the legislature?, Florence Shu-Acquaye, Dora Mbanya, Stella Chungong. Lake Mary, Fla. : Vandeplas Publishing, 2008. (KQC687.A53 W66 2008)
- Barnett, Barbara. “Emma Says: A case study of the use of comics for health education among women in the AIDS heartland.” Feminist Media Studies, v. 4, no. 2, 2004, pp. 111-128.
- Janzen, John. Section entitled "Case 4: HIV/AIDS--treating, preventing, grieving, and assessing the impact" in chapter "The Social Reproduction of Health," pp. 91-109 of Essays in Medical Anthropology: The Austrian Ethnomedical Society after Thirty Years. eds., Ruth Kutalek and Armin Prinz. Wiener ethnomedizinische Reihe, Band 6. Berlin: LIT Verlag, 2009. (KU does not own)
- Peltzer, J. & Leenerts, M. H. “Spirituality as a component of holistic self-care practices in human immunodeficiency virus-positive women with histories of abuse.” Holistic Nursing Practice, 21(3), 2007, pp. 105-112.
- Rhine Katherine. “ Support groups, marriage, and the management of ambiguity among HIV-positive women in northern Nigeria.” Anthropological Quarterly, Vol. 82, No. 2, 2009, pp. 369–400.
- Leenerts, Mary. “From neglect to care: a theory to guide HIV-positive incarcerated women in self-care.” Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care, Vol. 14:5, 2003, pp. 25-38.
- Shilpa Buch. “Involvement of TRPC channels in CCL2-mediated neuroprotection against tat toxicity.” H. Yao, F. Peng, N. Dhillon, S. Callen, S. Bokhari, L. Stehno-Bittel, S.O. Ahmad, J.Q. Wang, S. Buch. Journal of Neuroscience, Feb. 11, 2009; 29 (6):1657-69.
- Green, Edward and Witte, Kim. “Can Fear Arousal in Public Health Campaigns Contribute to the Decline of HIV Prevalence?” Journal of Health Communication, Vol. 11, Issue 3, Apr/May, 2006 pp. 245-259.
- Myhre, Sonja and Flora, June. “HIV/AIDS Communication Campaigns: Progress and Prospects.” Journal of Health Communication, Vol. 5, Issue 3, Jun. 2000, pp. 29-45.
- Noar, Seth, et al. “A 10-Year Systematic Review of HIV/AIDS Mass Communication Campaigns: Have We Made Progress?” Journal of Health Communication, Vol. 14, Issue 1, Jan. 2009, pp. 15-42.
- Brodie, Mollyann et al. “AIDS at 21: Media Coverage of the HIV Epidemic 1981-2002.” Columbia Journalism Review, Vol. 42, Issue6, Mar/Apr, 2004.
- Markel, Howard. “Journals of the plague years: Documenting the history of the AIDS epidemic in the United States.” American Journal of Public Health, Vol. 91, Issue 7, 2001.
- Russell, Sabin. “Journalism is failing in its coverage of global AIDS.” Nieman Reports, Vo. 57, Issue 1, 2003.
- “HIV/AIDS and the military in Sub-Saharan Africa: Impact on Military Organizational Effectiveness.” by Sagala, John (2009) (Source Project Muse).
- “AIDS in Africa.” by (Source: LexisNexis ; Articles from the Congressional Research Service ) by Raymond Copson, Congressional Research Service; Washington, DC, 2002.
Dissertations and Theses:
1. HIV/AIDS and attitudes, knowledge, and behaviors in college students at the University of Kansas by Roudebush, Amelia H., M.S., University of Kansas, 2008, 109 pages; AAT 1460191
2. The 'graying' of an epidemic: Sexual scripts, public health influences, and the organizational impact on HIV/AIDS education and prevention for older adults in the Midwest
by Hickey, Ann Marie, Ph.D., University of Kansas, 2008, 201 pages; AAT 3316017
3. What makes some campaigns more effective than others?: An analysis of three mass media PSI HIV/AIDS campaigns in Kenya
by Mabachi, Natabhona Marianne, Ph.D., University of Kansas, 2008, 171 pages; AAT 3359809
4. Site-specific analysis of glycosylated proteins using mass spectrometry
by Irungu, Janet W., Ph.D., University of Kansas, 2007, 181 pages; AAT 3304534
5. The middle of a crossfire: Drug policies and injection drug users during the HIV/AIDS epidemic by Mutz, Steven Collin, M.A., University of Kansas, 2007, 100 pages; AAT 1443677
6 Template-competitive HIV-1 reverse transcriptase photoprobes and inhibitors: Characterization of the inhibitor binding site via photoaffinity labeling
by Lin, Weiying, Ph.D., University of Kansas, 2000, 284 pages; AAT 3013493
7. Neurophysiological changes following simian immunodeficiency virus infection: A model for neuro-AIDS
by Raymond, Leigh Ann-Marie, Ph.D., University of Kansas, 1999, 141 pages; AAT 9970621
8. Identification and characterization of human herpesvirus 6A strain GS cDNAs homologous to the human cytomegalovirus UL36-38 gene family
by Flebbe-Rehwaldt, Linda Marie, Ph.D., University of Kansas, 1998, 323 pages; AAT 9920337
9. Private acts, public consequences: AIDS volunteers as positive deviants
by Bullock, Betty June, Ph.D., University of Kansas, 1997, 165 pages; AAT 9811285
10. School psychologists' knowledge and attitudes about AIDS
by Pambookian, Maryellen, Ph.D., University of Kansas, 1992, 166 pages; AAT 9323090