The University of Kansas Libraries
KU Libraries Diversity Committee's Minutes Archive
DIVCOM Meeting Notes December 13, ‘07
Present: Michelle, Erin, Tammy, Shawn, XiuFen, Pamela, Maryann,
Ahmed, Laura, Jules
- Jules will gather information for display/handout at the Winter Holiday party on Dec. 18th.
Michelle went to a meeting, invited by Bill M. and Jenny M. for Univ. library groups (KULSS, LFA, etc.) as part of a staff development program. She will be representing DivCom. Do we have any concerns to bring up to the group?
- Erin submitted a request for ‘The Hollywood Librarian’ to Maurice Bryant, but hasn’t heard anything back yet. It didn’t seem likely for the near future, unfortunately.
- Tammy, Donna and XiuFen went to hear the speaker James Anderson last month. It was overall a positive thing. The point seemed to be that it’s not enough to just have a diverse university, but to act on it.
- We should start thinking of ideas for events for the spring semester.
- Talk to Lanis and /or Rebecca about the availability of the display cases on 3rd floor. Ideas? Themes?
- We had a discussion of various news and cultural events (differences, politics, etc.) And idea for a monthly event (from Shawn) would be to start conversations with co-workers by sharing something about yourself to generate discussion. It could be topical, cultural, whatever.