The University of Kansas Libraries
KU Libraries Diversity Committee's Minutes Archive
Diversity Committee Meeting Minutes 11-12-03
Well, we thought this was going to be a short meeting…. (Oops!)
· The Sexual Harassment Workshop with Steve Ramirez was cancelled due to lack of participation and registration. He is willing to do it again during another time so we might look into doing this Workshop closer to spring.
· Rose hasn’t heard back from Mary Adair yet, she is still waiting to hear about planning our “field trip” to the Spooner Anthropology Museum. Geri Slater has told us that the cabinets here in Watson are not safe enough for artifacts so we might have to consider doing an exhibit that coincides with one the museum is already going to do.
· We had considered doing a Holiday Party, but instead, we decided to do a Religious Traditions Brown Bag Lunch Panel with people from around the community in different religions who would be willing to share their customs with us. Dessert from each background will be attempted by those brave souls who wish to volunteer to try them. I (Erin) will call around to find some volunteers from Jewish, Kwanzaa, Wiccan, and Islamic backgrounds. We will create a Bibliography of resources for people for more information. Sandy agreed to check room availability between Dec. 9-11. The event will be at 11:30 and will last approx. one hour.
· The idea of doing a Traditions Slide Show was tossed around. This event would take place at the Library wide sponsored Holiday Party and would consist of people sending pictures of their family Traditions over the Holiday Season.
· Sandy will be checking on the Diversity Committee website to determine whether we can use it to post Recipes of the Week as opposed to using the Listserv. Until then, the recipes will continue and will remain tasty, healthy, and diverse.
· Since our committee is dwindling in membership, Sandy will be sending out a summons for all interested people to consider joining our group.
· Our next meeting will be Wednesday, December 3rd at 2:00 pm.