The University of Kansas Libraries
KU Libraries Diversity Committee's Minutes Archive
Diversity Committee Notes November 8, ‘07
Present: Erin, Donna, Laura, Tammy, XiuFen, Jules
- This is probably Erin’s last meeting as co-chair. Michelle will remain as co-chair, with the possibility of someone from IT being the other co-chair. Tammy has agreed to be treasurer, Julie will remain as secretary. The ex officio position that Donna holds will be replaced when her position is filled (she will remain until then-the position is traditionally held by the HR person).
- Nov. 8th afternoon there is a Diversity event at the Kansas Union- - James Anderson. Anyone who goes will report back at he next meeting.
- The 2nd Thurs. of each month there is an international students gathering at the Union from 7-9. Is this something we should make note of to library staff?
- Heads up about the National Diversity Conference in Oct. 2008. It would be good to send a couple of people to this.
- A side note—K-State has dropped their minority internship program. (it was at the last Nat’l. Conference that inspired us to push for such a program at KU).
- Someone (Erin?) is going to look into getting a screening for ‘The Hollywood Librarian’, a film about Hollywood’s perception of the profession.