The University of Kansas Libraries
Lost or Stolen KU Cards
If your KU Card has been lost or stolen, you must deactivate it immediately in order to prevent unauthorized use and charges.
Step 1: Choose one of these options to report the KU Card lost or stolen.
- Go online to the Kyou portal (login, click the “Finances” tab and then choose the “Report your KU Card lost or stolen” link).
- Call the KU Card Center at 785.864.8545 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Go to the KU Card Center on Level 4 in the Kansas Union between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Step 2: Contact any services associated with the KU Card to prevent unauthorized use. Do this even if you are not a regular library user.
- For the KU Libraries, contact the Circulation Business Office in person at the Watson Library Service Desk, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday; by phone to 785.864.4715; or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are responsible for any items checked out and for any charges incurred with the use of your KU Card. Contacting the Circulation Business Office is an essential step.
- Students enrolled on the Edwards Campus may report their lost card to the Regents Center Library.
Step 3: Acquire a new KU Card.
- To retain services associated with the KU Card, purchase a replacement card at the KU Card Center by presenting proper identification. Replacement cards cost $15.00.
- Library records are updated each weekend to incorporate newly issued KU Cards. Stop by any Library Circulation Desk to request an update to your library record if you need to use your new KU Card immediately.
For additional information about lost KU Cards, see information posted by the KU Card Center.