The University of Kansas Libraries
Students, Faculty, and Staff of the Kansas Board of Regents Institutions
The following documentation is required to apply for a KU Library Borrower Card:
- A valid photo ID card, preferably a state issued driver’s license or photo ID.
- A document that provides proof of current enrollment or employment at a Kansas Board of Regents institution.
- Completion of the KU Library Borrower Card Application Form.
- Payment of $20.00/year (replacement cards cost $20.00).
- Note: With proof of faculty status at a CODDL institution (Emporia State University, Fort Hays State University, Kansas State University, Pittsburg State University, Wichita State University, and Washburn University), the $20.00 fee is waived for new cards and annual renewals. Replacement cards cost $20.00.
- Renewal of the card for another year requires repeating the authentication process.
See Basic Library Services for a description of services available to Students, Faculty, and Staff of the Kansas Board of Regents Institutions. See KU Library Borrower Card for information about how to apply for and purchase a card.