The University of Kansas Libraries
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE KU LIBRARIES
New! Download "KU Libraries: At a Glance"
- We're here to help you! Contact us in person at a service desk, by phone, email or IM.
- Bring your KU ID card to the KU Libraries and
- check-out books, journals, videos/DVDs, maps, and more.
- see the Access Policy and Circulation Policy for more information.
- A KU library is always open (almost!)
- Hours of operation for the KU Libraries.
- Your own computer can connect you to the KU Libraries catalog and databases.
- Even if we don't have it, you can get it!
- use interlibrary loan to get a book or journal article that KU Libraries doesn't own.
- Your Beak'em Bucks account enables you to print from a KU Libraries computer.
- Use a credit card through Enroll & Pay or put cash on your KU ID card at a cash-to-card machine in Watson or Anschutz Library.
- KU Libraries computers are loaded with helpful software:
- Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Many have scanners too.
- You can get help with a specific research topic from a KU Libraries subject specialist.
- You can download information from KU Libraries computers using a USB flash drive or floppy disk.
- When it comes to information, not everything is available online.
- It's okay to eat and drink in the library - just follow these guidelines: Policy on Food and Drink
- The KU Libraries have "quiet zones" as well as places you can study "out loud" or work on group projects.