The University of Kansas Libraries
Loan Periods for Library Materials
All loans are subject to the rules of the lending library. Library users will find it useful to be familiar with the loan period terminology.
- 4 months for KU faculty, staff, graduate students, and authorized affiliates
- 6 weeks for undergraduate students and all other borrowers
- Used for the Libraries’ monographic (book) collections
- Can be renewed online by eligible borrowers
Short-term and Reserve Loans
- Loan periods of two weeks to as little as two hours apply equally to all borrower categories
- Used for reserve, some periodicals, videos, DVDs, and other audio-visual collections
- Some items may be restricted to in-library use only
- Cannot be renewed online
Reference collections and other selected items, including some periodicals, may be designated as non-circulating. This means the items must be used in the library where they are housed.